Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Moment of thought

Today on our military base I had to take some last minute packages to be shipped (an online order was unexpectedly delayed... so I cancelled and sent via FedEx)

Anyway, as I was standing in line all five children were with me and in high spirits. I felt like I was remaining calm but was bein firm in direction. I also was starting to be VERY out of place as the rest of the customers were all single young military members... and I felt like they were staring.

As I stood there disciplining my children for the umpteenth time, a voice from behind me said " I miss my Mom"

I turned around and saw a fresh faced young Marine with lotions in his hand.

When I turned around and looked at him he said "I really miss my mom" "You guys are going to miss her one day" he said to my kids.

It was a little reminder to *me that though they are little and drive me crazy sometimes, they'll grow up too . I also am going to say a little prayer for those Military members who are far from the people that they love this Holiday.

No comments: